Waterman High Performance (Resilient Gliding Seal) Cast Iron Slide (Sluice) Gates are used in applications where extremely low leakage is required. The key difference from a traditional cast iron gate is in the seating materials and wedging method.
The Waterman 5900 Series offers a very low leakage rate equal to 1% of the AWWA C560 specified maximum allowable leakage (0.001 GPM per foot of perimeter).
Waterman resilient seated cast gates are preferred for applications with seating or unseating heads up to 25 feet. Each gate is custom built to your requirements.
- Cast iron and ductile iron alloys available, including Ni-Resist for corrosive environments
- Each gate designed with Finite Element Analysis which measures stress and deflection based both on seating and unseating heads and other external loading allowing gate to perform with maximum reliability
- Rubber to PVC seating surfaces lock into a dovetailed groove in the gate frame and disc
- High strength dual-bolt adjustable bronze wedge system
- Available for all standard applications including submerged, wall-mounting and flanged
- Wall thimbles available in type “F”, type “E” and flanged mechanical joint
- Manual, electric, or hydraulic actuation