Waterman Overflow or Breastwall-type Radial (Tainter) Gates can be engineered for unique applications or can be manufactured from a standardized Waterman design. In either case, they are always made to the customer’s exact specifications. They provide a light-weight economical gate that can be opened and closed with a minimum of effort. Waterman Radial Gates can also be ordered for existing locations as replacement gates.
- Maintenance of water elevations in canals or spillways
- Increased storage capacity for reservoirs
- Diversion of water for irrigation
- Flow control preserving wide clear waterways
- Other areas requiring economical water control