Waterman Heavy-Duty Cast Iron Slide (Sluice) Gates are used in applications where safety and reliable performance are essential (dams, tidal environments, water treatment plants) and where outstanding product longevity is desired.
Waterman cast gates are preferred for high-head (up to 200′) and high debris (water treatment) environments as well as for critical gateways in treatment plants. Each gate is custom built to your requirements.
- Cast iron and ductile iron alloys available, including Ni-Resist for corrosive environments
- Each gate designed with Finite Element Analysis which measures stress and deflection based both on seating and unseating heads and other external loading allowing gate to perform with maximum reliability
- Bronze-to-bronze seating surfaces lock into a dovetailed groove in the gate frame and disc, creating a tight seal for low leakage
- Optional Q-Seal bottom seal provides continuous flushing for high-debris environments, increased flow and where complete drainage of the chamber is required
- High strength dual-bolt adjustable bronze wedge system
- Available for all standard applications including submerged, wall-mounting, round manhole, and flanged
- Wall thimbles available in type “F”, type “E” and flanged mechanical joint
- Manual, electric, or hydraulic actuation